Holsteins can be found throughout all of Austria. Holstein Friesians and Red Holsteins are high yielding dairy animals. The goal is to breed a profitable, long living and highly productive dairy cow.
This is deemed achievable provided the cattle are adaptable, are able to convert a high mass of forage efficiently, stable health, good fertility rate and a sound genetic foundation. The Holstein’s highly functional udders with good milking speed allow a high milk production throughout many lactations and match well with up-to-date milking technology.
- Milk 45 %
- Beef 40 %
- Fitness 15 %
- Population: 132.305
- Registered cows: 44.591
- Herds: 4.116
- Life weight: 650 – 750 kg
- Height of the rump: 145 – 156 cm
- First calving (meses): 29,0
- Productive life span (yrs.): 3,5
- Breed share: 6,8 %
- Milk performance: 10 fold life weight with a narrow fat protein difference ratio
- Milk: 8.686 kg
- Fat: 4,07 %
- Protein: 3,28 %
- Milk performance 2011 (all cows): 8.356 4,09 % F 3,26 % P (305 Days)
Suitable for high milk yield and very adaptable for all production conditions in dairying.